Fleet Operations / Management 101Managing our fleet today requires both technical and financial knowledge...
Managing our fleet today requires both technical and financial knowledge. You need to know what your costs are. What is your shop rate? You need to be able to brief the managers of your organization in what you do and how that benefits them. In this session we will talk about what tasks are important. We will discuss parts room costs and management and the productivity of your staff. Also, we'll discuss warranty recovery, fuel tax recovery, accident costs and hazard waste costs. We'll also cover when a vehicle should be repaired or replaced.
- New equipment "in processing" checklist.
- "Out processing" sold equipment.
- Fleet Mission statement.
- Parts room costs.
- Developing your service intervals.
- Warranty, Fuel tax and Accident recovery.
- Accident reports and cost-per-mile calculations.
- Equipment replacement goals.
- Cost to in-service a police car.
- Shop rates and Managed competition/privatization.